Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Brand New Year


* Thank you for sharing your child with me this year.  Parents are the child's first and most important teacher.  I want to support you in that role.    

* I will pray for your child!  Being part of your child's life journey is a privilege.

* Lets communicate.  I will share your child's discoveries, achievements, struggles and successes with you.  You are always welcome to email me, phone, or arrange to visit the classroom. 


* Your child is an amazing human being.  I look forward to getting to know him/her.  I know we will like each other.  I want your child to succeed.


* Your child is incredibly capable.  I will support your child's independence.  I will provide lots of different ways for your child to learn and explore.  I will celebrate your child's achievements.  

* In our classroom, we are all teachers and we are all learners. We are allowed to make mistakes.  We try.  We try again.  We try together. 

* We dance.  We sing.  We observe.  We create.  We laugh.  We are thankful.  We pretend.  We wiggle.  We celebrate.  We explore.  We ask questions.  We take deep breaths.  We have fun.


* We go outside.  Every day.  Unless the rain is horizontal, or the temperature is too cold.  A change of clothes is essential.  Accidents happen!


* Germs are a fact of life in kindergarten.  We cough and sneeze into our elbows.  We wash our hands.  And we still share germs.  The best defence is a healthy offence; good, healthy food and lots of sleep.


* Hugs (or handshakes or high fives) are always available. 


* I'm not perfect, but I do my best.  


* And I really, really will like your child - I'll like all the children.  In fact, I'll love them!

That's a promise.  

(Inspired by Sandi Purdell-Lewis)